Hello everyone. Happy weekend
There has been a lot of fabulous this week.
1. Yoga. This 21 Day Yoga Challenge has been wonderful to me. I’m totally loving it. I feel myself getting stronger and I feel so GREAT after the sessions. I’ve had to modify some things because of my extreme anti-flexible-ness, but I’ve gotten through it. How are my yoga buddies doing?? Leigha, Jessica, and Liz I can’t wait to hear your thoughts. My favorite day has been day 10, I love the core routine. I hope you all are keeping up your January goals!
Beautiful picture, Emily. Not. Someday I’ll get good at taking pictures I promise..
2. Mug Cakes. First, let me say that usually I’m terrible about recipes. I just bookmark/pin them and never actually MAKE them, even though I would really love to make them all!! However, I felt pretty ambitious the day that Miranda posted her Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, so I tried it.
Mug Cake Perfection!! I made it using the same recipe but using dark chocolate protein powder instead of plain. I don’t have Walden Farms caramel syrup so I settled for chocolate syrup. This is one DELICIOUS mug cake. In addition to being really moist and cake-y (and not eggy!), it’s gluten-free!
Note: I stirred it A LOT before I microwaved it. Also, my microwave needed 1:45, not 2 minutes.
3. Running. I ran Monday-Thursday this week, for at least 45 minutes each day. I also found a freshmen buddy to run with. She is super sweet and just a bit slower than me so we can easy pace it together. #backofthepackcrew.
4. 3 Finals down. Today I had Physics, AP Psych, and Band. Everything went pretty well! Tuesday & Wednesday are the hard days, because I have Pre-Calc honors and Spanish 3. I need a 90% on my Spanish final for an A in the class… So nervous
5. Food. I’m beginning to let myself really enjoy food again. Especially things like oatmeal (used Healthy Hayls Egg White oats recipe. Topped with WF chocolate syrup).
Veggies + Best hummus ever
Fage 0% mixed with PB2.
6. Finally picking a date for my blood work. I’ve got all sorts of blood work and I’m finally getting it done on Monday morning. Getting blood drawn isn’t fabulous, but I’ve been having health issues and want some answers, so I need to get this done. The dietitian I saw who specializes in EDs told me she is worried about the Female Athlete Triad. I hope this isn’t TMI, but it’s been like 6 months since I’ve gotten a cycle, and I’m worried about low iron because my runs are slower and feel harder and then the whole orange skin thing.
Secondly, I’ve been experimenting with cutting out gluten. It appears that without gluten I have much less tummy troubles. However, I’m worried it’s all in my head?? I’ve been googling Celiac Disease and definitely freaking myself out. I am one of those people that diagnoses myself with EVERYTHING. It’s not good, I know. It actually happened when I got diabetes and now I think I get myself worked up over nothing. Anyway, I added gluten back in last night and had some tummy issues but we’ll see what the blood test says.
How are you doing on your January goals? Have you ever made a mug cake? Have you ever made egg white oats? Do you know anything about the Female Athlete Triad? Do you self-diagnose as terribly as I do?
I hope you all have a FABULOUS (long) weekend. I’ll be studying